Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Avery Jane





Avery Jane is our little Lady and we are loving every minute with her! She is 5 months old and I am just starting this blog. Naming Avery was interesting; Kyle and I bought a book and read a million names it seemed. We knew her middle name would be Jane after his Aunt Jane and the initial J also after my great-grandmother Jeanette. We both loved the name Avery and the A is in remembrance of my great uncle Albert.


Here is a little about her first few months:9/16- Kyle and I checked into the hospital to be induced at 2 AM. Little did I know I was already contracting, I just didn't feel them. By 10AM I dilated to 3cm by myself and was very ready for my epidural. I didn't get the epidural until 12pm and it was a horrible experience. It took them 45 minutes and three sticks to finally get the epidural in. After all that, it worked for about 1 hour and then I began to feel the contractions again. I was in labor for 15 hours and did not dilate past 3 cm. So, after a lot of tears and decision making, we decided to go ahead with the c-section since the epidural was not working and I wasn't dilating. Avery was born at 8pm. She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20 inches long! She was so alert and nursed right away! Kyle and I couldn't be happier to have a beautiful healthy girl!Avery is a wonderful baby! At two weeks Avery was sleeping 5 hours at night and by 6 weeks she was sleeping through the night!


At 3 months Avery began going to sleep at 8:30pm and sleeps until 8am! Avery also naps! She used to nap 4-5 times a day and now she takes 3 naps a day! She eats every 3-4 hours. I breastfed exclusively for 3 1/2 months and then began supplementing formula because Avery had reflux. She takes previcid for the reflux and she is doing much better! At 4 1/2 months we started rice cereal and Avery loves it! I decided to make her baby food at home and we started with sweet potatoes. Avery has only eaten them twice and isn't quite sure if she likes them yet! Avery first smiled at 5 1/2 weeks and it melts our hearts every time she smiles! She is starting to giggle and "talk" very loudly, especially when she is on the changing table or to little people (children)! Avery loves staying busy and playing with us! She has rolled over from her belly to her back and is trying to sit up! She loves to stand with us holding her of course and began doing that at 8 weeks! It is so fun to watch her grow and meet all her milestones! We count our blessings everyday to have a happy, healthy, beautiful baby!






0 comments: